With that said, if you are looking for a brochureware type Web site, minimally you will need what is offered with "The Fundamental Five" Web Site Package to have a solid foundation for future success and growth with your Web presence. Any less is just not effective, i.e. a "Web Page" just won't cut it.
"The Fundamental Five" package includes everything from the initial development of the site all the way through to guidance on social media and search engines/directories once it goes "live" and then training you on what you will need to know to present a successful Web presence. I can take care of everything from advising on how to register your domain, to acquiring and setting-up your server, to designing your site based on your specifications, to updating & maintaining your site at your request.
Additional packages and functionality, are available depending on site demands and requirements, but the following will give you a general idea of the associated costs of a basic Web Site;
"The Fundamental Five" 5 Page Web Site Package priced at $555.00 includes:
- Top Intro/Welcome ~ The gateway into your site, critical for search engine efforts
- Company Profile ~ All about you, your mission, how you run your business
- Services/Products ~ Descriptions, details, information on your products/services
- Interactive Contact Center ~ Interactive form visitors can use to contact you from your Web site to ask questions or request additional information,
- Resource/Open ~ I suggest you provide what I call "value added" information - information of value to your target market - beyond the hard sell of your products or services.
- Includes masthead logo, basic graphics, buttons and navigational image maps necessary to reflect the personality and functionality you desire for your company's core site.
- Includes initial registration of your new site with the top no pay for submission Search Engines which is crucial to your site getting found! Includes guidance on setting-up Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools which are also a crucial part of Search Engine visibility.
- Additional pages above "The Fundamental Five" are $10 to $50 each based on content.
- Additional Interactive Forms are $75 each.
- Additional graphic, scripting, programming or customization work above and beyond my "The Fundamental Five" Web Site Package is determined at an hourly rate of $65 an hour, billed in 10 minute increments.
WordPress powered Web sites:If you are looking for something more than a "static" brouchureware Web site, you will want to consider using WordPress, which is now the #1 Content Management System (CMS) platform available today. WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more due to the fact that it is an open source project. This means there are hundreds of people all over the world actively working on improving and evolving it, which is more than most commercial platforms.
WordPress, which is based on PHP and MySQL, is completely customizable and can be used for almost anything through the thousands of themes, plugins and widgets that are available for the platform.
I can assist you on obtaining WordPress hosting, installing and configuring WordPress, along with providing resources for choosing a reputable WordPress theme to be used for your Web site as it is important to use only trusted themes and plugins. Once your theme is installed, you will then have the ability to directly add, delete and modify your Web sites content, navigation, images, etc. through an easy to use Web Control Panel.
My hourly rate is $65.00 per hour with time spent based on your design and functionality requirements and rather than offering "package deals", I customize my services to your requirements.
Along with the design fees, there are other costs you may need to consider:
- Domain Name - Do you have your domain name yet? (www.yourbusiness.com) If not, this should be determined and acquired. Approximate cost is $10-$40 which will get you that domain for 1 year - when 1 year is up, you can renew or let the name go and it would then become available for someone else to register.
- Server - You will need someplace to "host" your Web Site, i.e. a virtual server. I personally partner with HostGator, the leading virtual server provider and for as little as $3.96 a month you get a killer server with e-mail accounts, autoresponders, e-mail lists, statistics, etc. An outline of the servers and associated features, functions and costs can be found on the Virtual Hosting Solutions Page. I can also work on your platform if you have already acquired a server or server space.
- E-Commerce - Secure shopping cart functionality is not included with "The Fundamental Five" Web Site Package. Details on the functionality and options that are included with the e-commerce application offered by Jill Of All Trades® can be found on the E-Commerce/Shopping Cart Applications Page.
- Marketing - This area of the Web is continually metamorphosing as this technology progresses. Many of the top Search Engines and Shopping Directories now only offer pay-for-submission listing options or pay-per-click advertising options - as the old days of free submissions haven fallen by the wayside. Also a huge part of marketing these days is Social Media, so you should budget both your time and resources to have a company page and presence for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. Of course, you will also still need to budget for marketing as it pertains to any business, Web based or not, like business cards, print ads, direct mail, etc.